NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My babies

Val27

Hi, I am new to this site but have had birds for 13yrs. I started by watching a friends Canary while they were on vacation. I loved the singing and thought about getting one. Alot of people told me to get a Cockatiel. I was afraid I wouldn't have the time they needed. I got a book on them 1st and read as much as I could before making a decision. I don't believe in getting an animal and then deciding later that they are too much work and get rid of them. They are not disposable. It is a lifetime commitment. I love my Cockatiel! One of the best companions! I then looked into Greys and got one after learning about them. So much fun. They make everyone laugh! Birds are great pets esp. if you are alone. I am now married and my birds love my husband too. I am so glad we can both handle them. We also have 2 dogs that are great around the birds. They are all my children. Always looking to learn new things about my favorite things in life!

Hello Val and welcome to our family, so glad you found us and I wish all bird owners did the same before they plunged in for the first time with a bird they saw at a pet store and wanted it before finding out what they were getting into, its the reason why we have so many birds in rescue and rehome situations.

You will certainly learn new things here, just take a look thru our many threads for lots of info and stories of these amazing creatures and if you have any questions just post them and the members here will help you in any way they can.

If you have any pictures of your fids you would share with us we would love to see them.