NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cockaties & CAGS

kaw

Hi, I'm new to the group and I wanted to ask a question.

I was just wondering. Do African Greys and Cockatiels get along well together? I don't mean that they would live in the same cage....just if they get along when they're out of their cages.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I guess I'll have to play it by ear....it just depends on the birds themselves, I guess. At least I know that one won't be extremely agressive towards the other (like some birds). I'll just make sure that they have lots of supervision. Thanks again.

I have both. A female cockatiel and a male Grey.

Their cages are next to each other. They spend the days free and have no problems co-existing or even sharing food.

They Grey allows the cockatiel to play and eat in his cage. When my old male cockatiel was alive, he wasn't given the same privileges by my

Grey.

Get along in what fashion? We have both. They don't live together in the same room, but call out to each other throughout the day-the parrot mimicing the cockateil's calls and they go back and forth. When in the same room, they will mimic each other more and I know they're listening to each other.

But, I don't let them both out at the same time nor would I leave them unsupervsied. Even the best, well-behaved pet can have a bad day and those cockatiels are delicate looking and I worry about the Gray perhaps attacking feet...