NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Video of Dayo while I work in my Office

danmcq

I can normally somewhat hear him from my Office when he is chatting. I had to move my roll top desk and all my PC, Modems, Routers, Office etc. to a bedroom I turned into an office. A few customers had complained about hearing parrots in the background....

Any way, here is the video I shot by placing the camera on the counter when I walked away to my Office....

Dayo certainly has a large vocabulary and loves to talk. He sounds like you Dan, so his transformation is almost complete and you could be replaced any day now!!!! He probably just needs to learn to mow the lawn Dan, and then you're history!!!!! LOL!!!!

Edited by luvparrots

I guess he does sound like me. :P

I let him and jake get most their piss and vinegar out in the mornings and also give them time to eat their veggies I make for them. I take them out at lunch time and they are happy to sit behind me on the large tree stand eat, groom and stare out the window. No problems with whistles and loud squawks in the afternoons.

That's awesome. I do also notice that Issac will start trying all his words when I walk out of the room. That is the few times that he doesn't follow me to where ever I am going. I hope Issac gets to that point where he sounds like me. I love to watch him progress. Also, when you describe Dayo, it reminds me of Issac so much. Dayo is awesome and super smart.

LOL! Yes Dayo says Oops when appropriate and if he actually almost falls and has to "Save" himself will say "Be careful Dayo".

These Greys are far beyond what most people think in the intelligence department. He now picks up new words in 1 or two days. For example, our newest grand daughter named "Dakota" was down 2 weeks ago. Dayo was enthralled with that wee 13 month old human that could walk a little, fall then crawl around the floor. I told him several times that "Dakota" was a baby and to be careful. The next afternoon, he would look at her from above and say "Dakota". He still talks about her almost everyday.

I stopped counting his words and sentences about a year ago at 300 +.

Welcome fnadeem27, it's GreYt having you here! :-)

That is a normal scratching behavior for greys. It is thought to be connected to foraging as you see them do in the wild and also nest cleaning of poop out of the way.

Why don't you go to our introduction room and introduce yourself so all will know we have a new member? :)

very nice vid..thank you.. this is bob..bob does this for hours. i have no idea what he is doing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnykqHjbQC0

Yep...Issac will do that too next to the couch bottom. Sometimes I think he sees something under there and that he thinks it will eventually come to him if he keeps going. I always ask him, "Are you digging to China, boy?" I will usually distract him and show him something else so he doesn't keep doing it.

I can normally somewhat hear him from my Office when he is chatting. I had to move my roll top desk and all my PC, Modems, Routers, Office etc. to a bedroom I turned into an office. A few customers had complained about hearing parrots in the background....

I'll admit I got distracted and peeked at some of the other videos in the YouTube sidebar. Loved the one where Jake was trying to take a bath, and Dayo kept chasing the poor little guy off!

I'll admit I got distracted and peeked at some of the other videos in the YouTube sidebar. Loved the one where Jake was trying to take a bath, and Dayo kept chasing the poor little guy off!

Yes, Dayo enjoys trying to torment Jake and let him know that everything in the house is HIS!