NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

a Kenworth update

pompous

since i last posted, we have taken the advice of taking Kenworth out more during the day, he is out about 6-10 hrs a day, he has taken to my wife, she can get him to step up pretty much at will, once in a while he will be moody and not want to be bothered. he is still eating well, and shredding most of his toys. still quite the talker, however he knows some profanity. all seems to be going well, he seems to have eased up on the feather plucking. i have found great info on this board and elswhere so i dont have any questions at the moment, just wanted to keep you all posted, great community...

Thanks for the update, Pompous, I am glad Kenworth is doing better, the added out of cage time helps him I'm sure. They need to be included in their flock's activities and that may solve the plucking problem. Good job, sounds like eating and playing is going well too, so keep up the good work and keep us informed, we care about him and you.:)

BTW, just ignore the profanity, in time he will use it less and less, especially if he no longer hears those words.:P

Glad to hear that Kenworth is progressing well! Interaction with him and being part of the family is key. You do need to be careful to balance the time he's out with you at a level you can keep pretty consistent. If you set a routine now that he likes but cannot keep up he could regress. Its a constant balance and moving target! I am sure you will work out what works best for your situation! The key is inclusion while you are home etc. Some 1 on 1 time just about every day is a good goal. ;) It truly is a relationship and if you all continue working at it you will be rewarded 1000 times over!! B) Keep us posted and let us know if we can help.