NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cleaning Cloths

Talon

Having 3 birds free flying and out most of the day in my house........you can only imagine how much poop piles I clean up thru out the day. I do try and clean them up as I see them. But every night after all birds are tucked into their cages and asleep for the night, I go thru all the usual places to clean up all their messes that have been missed. I have been using wet paper towels and a razor blade as needed. Needless to say, between that and cleaning cages, I go thru an incredible amount of paper towels!!!

Well, I have found a great solution to wasting paper towels.....I bought a package of 6 micro fiber cloths for $9.99 at the Bed and Bath store. I wet one cloth at night, and use that to wipe everything up with, I can rinse it as needed in the sink and re use. After that, I toss it in the wash with the other clothes. It saves me lots of $$ by not having to buy paper towels as much! The micro fiber cloths are reuseable, cheap and do a very good job cleaning!!

I highly recommend it, saving money and good for the environment !!!

Just wanted to share! :)

Oh yes, they're my fav!! Sometimes you can find them at Christmas Tree Shop or Ocean State Job Lot for even cheaper. :)

Also, I have microfiber mitts. They were supposed to be for dusting, but they turned out to be pretty good for cages, too. I think I got them at Walmart or a dollar store.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope it's ok to post this. But it looked like a good deal & I wanted to share.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2639239

For anyone who isn't familiar with them, slickdeals.com can be a great place to find some good deals. And Meritline is a good site for little techie things. So you don't have to worry about site security or anything.

• Haha 1