NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

rodents and birds

Jasmine

Hello everyone, I am new on this forum. I have read almost everying messages on this forum, and there are a lots of information on AG. Therefore I decided to join in.B)

I will have a CAG baby in two weeks. Recently, I have found that there are rodents in my house. I am trying to terminate as much and as fast as I can. I don't want rodents to do any kind of harm to my CAG baby when it comes to our home.

I live in Hawaii, and rodents here are gotten crazy, almost every house on the block has rodents and bugs.:(

My question to everybody is what is the best and quickest way to get rid off them and what exactly can rodent do to the birds?

Hello Jasmine and Welcome to this Forum!! :-)

You asked: "My question to everybody is what is the best and quickest way to get rid off them and what exactly can rodent do to the birds? "

The most popular ways to get rid of rodents are to put traps out or use rodent poison. Depending on children or pets you have in your home will determine what would be the safest to use in your circumstances.

It is unlikely a rodent would harm your new baby grey. He` has a powerful beak, quick reflexes and a GROWL that would send most people thinking twice about going any closer. :-)

I hope this helps answer your question.

When you get a chance, please go to the Welcome room and introduce yourself there, where most members view to see who's new. :-)

Again, Welcome!!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/08/29 11:15

Rats and Mice well learn very fast how to stay out of a trap so they well only catch a couple.

The best way is to find some of that poison can't remember what it is called but its green chunks and you put it out and make sure they have an endless supply for 10 days. It makes them go for water so make sure you have no water they can get to inside the house.

They should leave and die outside.

There are a few rats/mice at the parrot farm and they never bother the birds except to take their food. However there are no babies in the barn.

Good luck getting rid of the rats/mice.

Hello Jasmine, sorry you have a rodent problem but the others before me has given you some good advice.

Why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room, and let us know a little more about yourself and this new grey you are getting. If you have pictures of your baby please post them also.