NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

paint for a cage??

bran

I have a California Cage 23x32x63... we got Dexter a new cage, because the old California Cage he was in was showing some signs of rust. It is powder coated, and could use another layer. However it is nearly impossible to find a powder coating facility that will do cages, let alone for something under $500. I dont want to cage to go to waste... is there a parrot safe paint i can use?? Has anyone done this method?? Or is the cage just a scrap? It's not a rush because his new condo cage is great... but it would be nice to have another cage when we decide to add to our flock.

No, there's no safe parrot paint. No matter what kind of coating is on it, a parrot will work on it. They can eventually break into powder coating too. It does take a while. Any other type of coating with any type of paint will simply get destroyed by a grey much quicker than powder coating and yes, getting the cage powder coated again will cost a fortune.

You can have two possible solutions---1, purchase a stainless steel cage which will cost a fortune or 2, go to EBAY in the bird cage section. You'll find very well made, powder coated cages in just about every style and size you can think of. The big difference is that the cage from EBay won't have a brand name on it. This type of cage would be good as a second cage even though many people buy these cages as the main one. Many here have purchased from EBAY. The cages are new, boxed, never been opened A and many have a BUY IT NOW option which means that bidding isn't involved.

An example of price---The size you stated above would cost at about $450 to $500.

On Ebay,the same sized powder coated cage would cost about $175 to $200.