NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi, all

Laurie

Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone.

I'm not good at all this "on line" stuff, but having this bird has got me fascinated and I can't get enough talking to others and reading what others have to say about African greys!

My bird was hatched on March 9, 2007. We brought him home on July 4. We're not even sure he's a boy, but we're assuming (until/unless) we find out differently. His name is Klaus Baudelaire (named after a character in Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events"). He is very sweet, and prefers me over anyone in the house.

So far he sounds a lot like R2D2 from Star Wars (lots of beeps, clicks, and whistles). He also does a "wolf whistle" which is hilarious. It's how he greets us when we get home, and how he calls to me when I go into another room.

Well, that's probably enough for now!

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Welcome to the family, Laurie, we are glad you joined the forum. Thats an unusual name, Klaus, but I like it, and I remember that movie, one of Jim Carrey's best.

Klaus is not talking yet, I assume, but he does a good wolf whistle, so does my Josey, my hubby saw to that. I'm sure in time he probably will, Josey was about 1 year old before she said her first word. Some talk sooner and some later but the robotic sounds and jibberish are first.

Josey also prefers me over anyone else, but she is my bird, she tolerates my hubby, but she won't go to anyone but me.

If you have a picture of Klaus please post it for us to enjoy, we love pictures of our greys, and feel free to brag a little if you wish, we do.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, we will try our best to answer those and help you in any way we can.

Greetings Laurie and Welcome! You will find this site great....much information available if you search past posts and feel free to ask questions. We love to help, hear about others Greys, learn and share! ;)

FairY - the wolf-whislte is generally the typical two tone sound associated when men whistle at pretty girls! B) :P weeee-woooo (or something like that)....:laugh:

Hello Lauri and welcome to the group I'm sure you will enjoy everyone here, great bunch of people and the birds are fantastic. Now that wolf whistle is great, first thing in the morning you get whistled at. My wife just loves the birds it makes her day.

Guest Monique

Welcome Laurie & Klaus. I wish mine would wolf whistle. He is a baby also - Elmo - and right now his only mimic sounds are an alarm clock beep and then he mimics our noisy sun conure, Nevaeh!! Look forward to hearing more from you & your babies!

Well, I'm so glad I posted in the Welcome Room! You guys aren't kidding when you say "Welcome."

Ummm, pictures of Klaus? That would require me knowing how to do that... Very low tech over here!

I did try to catch him with my cell phone camera this afternoon ... he went for a "doggie ride" on one of my dog's backs. Alas, too late, it takes me a min of 15 minutes to figure out the cell phone camera! =)

Thanks for the warm welcome ... I'm sure I'll be back here every day!

Laurie wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome ... I'm sure I'll be back here every day!

Don't make promises you cannot keep, just kidding, you come back here every day and let us know how you are doing and your bird. We love for all the members to take an active part in this forum and participate in the exchanges between members getting the questions answered and friendships being made.

Don't be a stranger.:P