NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot Place org.

mrmontana

Well for those of you who know my story the CAG at the pet store is not panning out. They are asking for way too much 1400.00. He is such a sweet bird, we talked to another per store in town and they seem to know his background a little more. I guess he has been passed around for the last 2 years here in Spokane. They think he is approx. 15 years old but no one knows for sure. At any rate we have found a Parrot place org website here in Washington state that seems like they will be able to help us find a nice CAG. Beakers Parrot Place is the one we are closer to. Do any of you guys know of the Parrot Place working and are they a good source to get a bird from? We haven't given up on Max ( petstore CAG) yet, just wish the owners of the store would be a little more reasonable. They even mentioned that because one of thier Macaws bit off his toe that they have already lost money on him!! So this is my problem? 1400.00 for an unknown CAG with a missing toe is a little extreme dont you guys think?

Pet stores are notoriously on the high end when it comes to birds in general. But usually around 1000-1200 at a reasonable place. I was lucky, I found a breeder on bird breeders...

http://www.birdbreeders.com/

and found one in my area with a high star rating. She had about 7-10 CAG's all beautiful. She was letting them go at $875.00....very nice. I loved going over there to hang out with the birds. She had hundreds of birds and a big backyard to raise them in. I would suggest looking on that site. I haven't checked your area, but they have lots of listings and testimonials.

$1400.00 is high...and by high...I mean like....stoned.

I know that the breeder I got Issac from actually ships...but I don't know how that goes. Eva is the number 3 breeder on that website. EMR Exotic Birds.

But go on there and serach by state...lots come up for Washington.

Edited by Elvenking