NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The bobbing head?

reggieroo

What's the bobbing head all about? Murphy has been doing the bobbing head thing for a while now & it cracks me up every time, the more I laugh the more he does it.

He just started doing it one day out of the blue, I've seen other greys do it but never knew what it meant. He only seems to do it when he's happy so I'm guessing he's showing off for a laugh. :P

It's so sweet seeing his little bobbing head, I love it! I thought it was a happy sign, it always feels like he a happy moment when he does it. Sometimes I'll just be sitting watching TV & I look up at Murphy on his stand, the second he see's me look at him the head starts bobbing. I also say it to him to dance when there is music playing but so far he hasnt responded to that so it must just be when he is a happy chappy & wants to let me know.

Hmmm... perhaps one of our wise moderator can answer, but I though this motion had a little to do with bonding with a mate? Not that it always does, but on at least one occasion when it got really energetic Ursula puked for me. Which, if you don't know, is an offering of affection. ;)

Louie my zon bobs his head first thing in the morning when I turn on the birdroom lights. He knows she will be getting breakfast and then out of his cage and he is excited. Ana Grey does the bobbing when she sees something she likes/wants like a nut or me just taking the time to converse with her. So to me it is a sign of my birds' excitement and pleasure.

One of my bc conures, Tazo, sings "Poker Face," but does it in such a manner that only we can recognize it. She also sings "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith." When the sun conure hears her start to sing, the sun conure starts bobbing and dancing. She obviously appreciates Tazo's singing. Tazo, herself, prefers to dance to an African drum beat.

Several of the birds do the head bobbing/dancing thing. Moussa the Grey doesn't do it yet. I think he thinks it's undignified.

One of my bc conures, Tazo, sings "Poker Face," but does it in such a manner that only we can recognize it. She also sings "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith." When the sun conure hears her start to sing, the sun conure starts bobbing and dancing. She obviously appreciates Tazo's singing. Tazo, herself, prefers to dance to an African drum beat.

Several of the birds do the head bobbing/dancing thing. Moussa the Grey doesn't do it yet. I think he thinks it's undignified.

Conures have no sense of what's proper. :P