NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My parrot is so smart...

caleigha

(altogether now) how smart is he?

My parrot is so smart he can tell my identical twins apart, when most people (including me at times - their mom!) can't.

My twins are just about to turn 15 and Chili, my CAG, picked one of them as his "chosen one." I find it so amazing that he can tell them apart because they truly are identical. He must go by mannerisms much more than looks, because that is one of the only ways I can tell them apart.

And he knows instantly. When flying across the room, he'll always go to his chosen twin, and when his chosen walks into the room he flies right over to him. How cool is that!

It might be the sense of smell that is working for Chili. We each have our own smell or scent so to say. We had mirror twin teenage girls in our neighbor years ago and the only way to tell them apart was that they had different styles of clothing/likes as they grew and of course different boyfriends.

• 2 weeks later...

As Birdnut pointed out, their vision and mental processing power of it are far superior to ours. They see every detail down to slight specks we would never even notice....maybe even how a single eyelash or two shaped differently. They really have no smell capabilities at all. All the mental focus and acuity is by sight and sound, sight primarily.

As Birdnut pointed out, their vision and mental processing power of it are far superior to ours. They see every detail down to slight specks we would never even notice....maybe even how a single eyelash or two shaped differently. They really have no smell capabilities at all. All the mental focus and acuity is by sight and sound, sight primarily.

Very cool that our birds have such acuity! As Charlotte might say, "Some Parrot!" And that goes for all our parrots!!