NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ekkie Baby Having Issues

JJsHoney

I just got a phone call from my cousin who has the baby and he said we are having some issues, the baby is squawking himself to the point of exhaustion, he is eating normally and pooping on a regular and the poops look normal, when I was there Monday he was eating a full 15cc syringe 3x day we were trying/hoping for 4 but wont take it..the baby will be 4 weeks this Sunday. My cousin has called a few friends who are breeders and put a call into the vet and hopefully he will call in the morning, The people that my cousin talked to suggested to turn down the heat in the incubator and turn up humidity so thats what he did. I'm not sure what the weight is I never thought to ask! sooo has anyone heard or have experienced something similar?? I'm just nervous and really can't stand to loose another baby :(

My cousin called me earlier and told me he just got back from the vets, the baby has lost his feeding response and has lost a bunch of grams today, the have him on instant ounces every hour which he is only taking a few CC's of at a time, and they also gave him a shot of antibiotics and some type of med by syringe, now all that is left to do is pray....

Just got off the phone, and the little one passed away alittle while ago, he stopped even trying to eat this morning, the vet said it was a bacterial infection, and we are waiting for the blood work to come back to def know, I am just devastated and feel horrible at the loss of such a new life. But at least it was comforting to know he slipped away in the loving hands of my cousin and really did know we were all pulling for him.

I am so sorry Bonnie for your loss, I know you were anticipating this with much joy but it just wasn't meant to be, take comfort in the fact that he didn't suffer for long. There is another baby out there for you when you are ready for it, please accept my condonenses on your loss.