NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Louie the Zon---The battle is on!!!!!

Luvparrots

Louie is a re-home and I was told he was 2 1/2 years old and that he was born in January. So I give Louie the hatchday of January 1st!!! It's as good as any and well, easy to remember!!!! So on January 1, 2011, Louie was officially 3 years old. Louie really doesn't like to fly much, certainly not like Ana Grey who maneuvers around all day long. Louie loves to be out of his cage and is out like a shot as soon as I open the door after breakfast, but he flies to one of the perches in the bird room and immediately attacks his toys. He is quite busy all day long and full of energy. He never leaves the bird room although the door is always open he just loves to attack his toys and Ana Grey's also. He still won't let me touch him but when I tell him it's nite, nite time he will go back into his cage. He is very smart and understands a lot. I try all the time to get him to step up but he just tries to bite me so because he's just happy flying and hanging around I'm happy. He and Ana Grey have finally come to an understanding and no longer try to kill each other. They were even touches beaks one day which made me very nervous as Louie's beak is twice the size of Ana Grey's. She seems to know when to back off and as I say she is much quicker and faster then my clumsy Louie.

Cricket has a play top cage and she will play and distroy her wood toys on and in her cage. If she is not on or in her cage she is on my shoulder.

She is very very good when it comes to step up. We have a perch on her cage door and when we want her out we tap on the perch and she comes over gets on her perch

and we open the door and say step up she steps up and we go to what ever place we want and do our thing. She is very good for a 14 or 15 yera old zon and we love her

to death

Louie wants to let me touch him as he hangs around close to me, its just when I reach out to him he does, you know, that biting thing!!!! However, I am blessed and my birds are great guys and gal and very loving and friendly.

Edited by luvparrots

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Penny, so you can see the pictures if you click on them???? That's a relief!!!! Thanks for the looksey!!! I have posted pictures of most of my birdies' play areas. Most are ceiling toys hanging next to windows. A boing in every room at least. There is also a very large net in my office which has been there since Ana Grey came over two years ago. Over the years I have posted oodles of pictures as my fids are such hams!!

Janet---How much fun! You have beautiful amazon!

I lurk in The Amazon Room, and have been fantasizing about adding an Amazon to our crew of Grey and Quaker. I guess you have a Grey and an Amazon out together?

I thought maybe I could rehome an Amazon. And, like you, I do not need a touchable amazon since I have very lovable other birds.

Hi Chezron, I have 2 greys and an amazon. They are all out at the same time for most of the day. No problems.....although in the morning, my amazon and timneh chase each other thru the house playing.. Nilah (my amazon) yells as she flies. They are definitely playing, flying from one spot to the other and chasing each other off. I know my timneh LOVES it! And of course, Nilah LOVES to play!!

I miss seeing action in the Amazon Room so here is Louie during his daily battle with well, Himself!!!!

th_006-18.jpg

Louie is so much fun to watch. Chili Pepper would never play that like that:( I think he is part sloth because he moves that slow.

BTW I like the swing you made him!

Edited by fidsandfrats

Janet, I just clicked on your link to Loui's video and he is absolutely beautiful!!! Your house looks so nicely set up for your birds. I would love to see pics of all the things you have and what rooms they are in for ideas!!

Yes! I agree and was going to post something very similar. I think we need a tour of your house. :)