NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my 14mo cag is really plucking feathers now

rick6477

hi this is rick again my 14 month old nemo is really plucking his feathers now as soon as he starts preening he begins just pulling feathers out i've tried hot air humidifiers aloe juice his diet is spot on vet says blood test are normal i haven't changed anything in my house didn't even put up any christmas decorations i'm at my wits end he has uv lighting oh and he is not molting i'm about to give up

Our 19 year old Senegal started plucking a year or so ago and we were very worried because he had NEVER done that before. We had moved his cage so we moved it back to it's original place. He stopped plucking and all of his feathers came back beautifully. About two months ago he started doing it again. I noticed today that he was almost attacking himself when I had Neo out on the playstand. I moved the playstand to a spot where Rocky can't see it so I'll be curious to see if this fixes it. The other part of the formula is that hubby needs to give Rocky lots of attention because hubby is the favored one. We'll see how this goes.

Rick are you sure he is not going thru a molt as I feel like that is really what is happening, you might think he is pulling feathers out when preening but he may just be removing loose ones that are going to fall out anyways. Can you post a picture or two of what you are talking about so we can get a better idea of what you are talking about.