NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is My Baby Close To His First Molt

Elvenking

So...at my feet I have several little feathers from my preening baby sitting on my shoulder right now. Most grey...a couple of those little red ones from around his butt. I have also been noticing that when I lightly brush over his little neck...I feel pins coming out. Does this mean my lil guy is entering his first molt? He certainly isn't plucking as it appears to be a regular maintenance kind of activity for him...and even though feathers are all over the place...I cant tell where they came from when I look at him. So is he gonna get some brand new feathers? I cannot wait to see the new red ones for the tail...I bet they are so awesome!

I guess this is a good time to share some pics I took of him today.

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

Yep, it is that time of year and this will be the biggest, since it is his first. YOu will probably be able to fill a pillow with all those feathers. :P

Dayo's cage bottom has many feathers each day... :)

Nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Yep...I was going through Issac's neck feathers while he was preening last night. He was so sweet the way he was letting me inspect. He has a bunch of little blackish pins coming in all around his neck. I get excited when I look because I can't wait to see the shinny new feathers.

I love the pictures of Isaac. He is very handsome! I know exactly what you mean Kim. I thought Echo would never finish her first molt. It seemed to last forever. Its been 4 months and she is still missing one flight feather on each wing.

I was wondering about my jackson also. his 9months old and he has those white down feather in the bottom of his cage and a few red feathers also.Love the pics of isaac. my son is named Isaac...

Early on they will loose a lot of those downy feathers. Issac started losing larger ones on a regular basis around 12-13 months. With him it's neck feathers and body contour feathers. Then I saw some tail ones here and there. No wing feathers at all yet.

Early on they will loose a lot of those downy feathers. Issac started losing larger ones on a regular basis around 12-13 months. With him it's neck feathers and body contour feathers. Then I saw some tail ones here and there. No wing feathers at all yet.

How old is Isaac now? He's very cute!