NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Timer for Radio while gone for a couple days

pepsico

Have any of you found a good solution to have a tv or radio come on via timer for a specified amount of time, say a few hours a night?

We will be away from the house for a few days coming up and would like some noise to come on for our parrot. We have someone checking in on him, but it might not be everyday.

Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

I usually leave my birds with someone else if I am gone for more than one day but yes you can leave a timer to have a radio or tv come on to keep your fids company and to help drown out strange noises they may hear otherwise if you have someone coming in to feed and water them. I usually leave the radio on during the day while I am at work so they have background noise. I would advise you to have someone come in every day if possible for some birds do make a mess of their water and that would need changing at least once a day.

Thanks for your reply. We will try and have them come everyday. We thought about bringing him over somewhere else, but he is very comfortable at home. He is a big scardy bird.

If anyone else is having this issue, I found my solution. I am placing a laptop in the area and using scheduled tasks to power on, play music files, then power off when done at the time of my choosing. To use scheduled tasks to power on and off a computer, look here.. http://www.ehow.com/how_5931146_scheduled-task-turn-computer.html

Thank. Any other advice is appreciated still.

Judy is right, I would never leave my birds unattended for days.....:( They need fresh food and water, plus they are apt to get into trouble and need checking....Perhaps you have a friend who can check on them and feed them daily.

I had a pet sitter come in twice a day while we were gone. (This was for the dogs as well as the birds.) We are going to be on a longer vacation coming soon and will be gone for two weeks. I am paying somene to come and live in my house during that time.