NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Finally! Bath success!

BenzMama

After just over 1 yr of trying to find a successful & tolerable way of getting Jewel to bathe, we have success! She's my little 2-yr old plucker, so baths are so beneficial. I'd tried the tub again this evening, but she wasn't happy about it. Almost as a last resort, I happened to pick up a bath 'scrunchy' hanging above the tub. After wetting it thoroughly, I dribbled the water over her & all the while exclaimed, "Woooo! Feels gooood!" She stood still & tolerated that method very well. I was cautious to keep the water from off her head/face.

Perhaps the stars were in proper alignment? Perhaps a fluke? No matter! It's progress & I'll revel in it. :D

The only thing that was working for me was Took sitting on my shoulder while I bathed. She was miserable, but she sat there. Until yesterday! She had enough i guess and flew right out of the shower, pushed the curtains open and everything. Now what to do!

Good luck with your method! Hope she ends up liking it!

Congrats on bathing your CAG!!:-)

My only working method is: put CAG into cage, sprinkle him just a bit with mist spray bottle till he fluffs up. If he needs more persuading i start to sprinkle him some more while giggling and blabbing my ass off in a funny voice and it usually works. He starts to play, fluffs up and lifts his wings. This is the sign he really wants to bathe, so more I sprinkle him, more he fluffs up. At that point, even if I open the cage he doesn't want to go out, instead he chooses to splash me with water from his bowl. When he is so soaked (including everything around his cage) I let him out to fly and dry off. I bought him a shower perch but he doesn't really like it. Nor bathing with me.. Till I develop another method I am stuck with cleaning my CAG and my apartment at the same time :-S ;-)

...so this is another way to try ;-)