NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this cage big enough?

gotfaith1989

We bought this cage on Craigslist. The guy lied to me and told me originally was 3 ft x 3.5 ft. My husband picked it up and measured it and it is 24x22x33. I am disappointed but I know we can always upgrade. What are your thoughts about keeping our Grey in this? He is in a larger cage right now moving to our house and will be out of his cage most of the day.

birdcagee.jpg

Edited by gotfaith1989

it is small but I think that you may feel self-concept persons common sense,

here in Sweden we have 120 cm cages under Act legislation.

but they are many that have smaller cages, but they have their birds out there all day long.

as long as the animals are doing well and they may be out a lot so why not.

sad that you cheated on each cage the size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My baby was hatched Feb 10, that is why I am calling him/her Valentine. So I think around 5 weeks now.

I watch Marc Maron everyday, and he claim that a small cage for the first year is the best. So that they feel secure. I have heard other say cushion the bottom and keep perches low, because the tend to be clumsy. I am not sure on this. But is you look on ebay and other web sites, they should state if its for a small medium or large bird. A grey is considered to be a med. size bird. So I would go with the biggest I could afford and have room for. In my case I have 2 huge cages for the macs, I don't have a lot of room to spare.