NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Croatia

Morana

Now he has those things but that is recent-about a year and a half. We did invent some toys in the past (because the lack of them in the stores) but now I know some were hazardous (for example tubes from toilet paper..). Till 2 years ago I didn't even know that shreddable toys existed!! Imagine my surprise. We still invent some toys but I buy what ever I can find which I think he might be interested in. Don't let me even start about pellets! Other then my vet, I don't think anybody ever heard about pellets, as a type of food, here. All birds in Cro are on the seed diet.. And so on.. And training for the birds.. Non existent.. Behavior therapists, also not existent.. Bird lams-not existent.. Bird scales, also no chance.. :-((

Today Zak decided that he, obviously, doesn't get near enough fruit as he would like to, so when I got out in the morning, just for a little while, he plotted revenge. When I go out I usually leave Zak outside of his cage and move all things he could wreck, poop, smash, could hurt him in any way..and today was no different. Also, he never touched the bowl of fruit which is in the same room as him but I put toys of which he is still afraid off around and on top of the fruit bowl as a safety measure and what did I see when I got back!? Zakica didn't bother to wait for me to give him fruit, instead he chewed two of bananas in the middle and had an early lunch!:-S Now he is sitting contently on my forearm watching me write.. Don't you just love them!? ;-)

Yes,.. things around the fruit were so scary that he threw them all on the floor and then went for the fruit! ;-)

Now he has his bowl filled with fruit and what is he doing... He is bothering me ever since I got home...instead eating his fruit! Lol

My mischief was just now on his spiral rope and he was so excited about a plastic bolt and screw that he took the bot, got upside down while still hanging from the spiral rope, flapped his wings and had pretty much a perfect time. I watched for a while , he was chewing the screw, still flapping around and in a second it went out of hand. He jumped on that rope so fiercely (of course still hanging upside down) that his legs just gave up/or, most likely, he didn't pay attention and he fell from 40cm height to a flat back on the table :-(( He got up immediately, did a circle around the room (flying), went into cage, drank water, eat a pellet and is back out again talking.. All that in a minute!

Should I be aware of something special that might have gone wrong- some latent consequences? He would have squeaked if he hurt himself, right? He does let me touch him on the back, as usual.