NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Croatia

Morana

I don't put them in cage (because they would end up as mush in the water dishes ). Instead I bought 100% natural rope so I put the rings on strings so Zakica can swing on them or just tear them apart. Also, that way, the paper ring is always in front of him and I don't need to worry whether it fell on the floor and got dirty. Also, that way I don't need to constantly pick the rings up.. ;-)

No matter how hard you try, or how many years you spend trying, there will always be "soooooo much to learn about grey world"!! They are endlessly fascinating, intelligent & complex creatures. And they grow & develop & change continuously.

I think all of us are very fortunate to have the opportunity to share our lives with them.

I know there will always be soooooo much to learn about grey world but I was referring on my fault I haven't found (for example) this forum before. I know that because of my financial situation I couldn't and I still can't afford my precious birdie even some essential things (on a regular base) and I see in US many things (for birds) are so common as buying a loaf of bread. Here in Croatia we don't have 98% of the stuff that birds should/must have. The books and sites I found and read before I got him (now I see) just scratched the surface and in real life lacked to provide (soooo much of) essential information. Maybe, if I knew all the information I know now I wouldn't even have a bird because I couldn't provide all the care and stuff he deserves and needs. I am so sad that my Zak grew deprived of so much. He lacked basic quality of life :-(