NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Request for the knowledgable and ambitious

munch

A request for the knowledgable and ambitious!

Can someone with experience and knowledge please write up a "Grey's Stages of Life Part II" to follow danmcq's superb Nursery Room "Developmental Stages" please? It would such a useful sticky to add to the Grey Lounge! My Took is only 6 months, but I'm so intrigued to hear from a knowledgable individual's personal experience about what comes after the 4th and 5th year....We have hopefully 70 or 80 years to go! What happens in their teen-age years, do they rebel, dress in black, and listen to metal? Early adulthood involve trying to find a career and trying to go broke? Any mid-life crisis with a shiney new sports car or facelift? Please tell us what to expect with personal anecdotes and real life testimony!

Of course every Grey has a different personality and what is said is not the rules in stone but it is so wonderfully helpful, informative and fun to hear about what we can all expect. Reading it on a forum as opposed to a book allows for feedback from others, which I love reading! Often has me laughing...So if anyone feels up to it, many of us would love to read it!

Oh, it is so. Black fingernails, black clothes, emo attitude, spiked collar. This too shall pass. Those who go before me tell me it takes ten years to come back around and think parents are wonderful once more. Teens, that is. I can't speak for the greys, I have not been so blessed to reach those milestones and pitfalls. I am sure our members have some really funny stories to tell about it though. I would love to hear more myself.

The **Grey's Stages of Life** is aimed at very young greys up until they're 5 yrs old. After 5/6 yrs old, each grey is a young adult, is more mature and has developed it's own personality which is totally different than another grey and it's personality. A very young immature grey is totally different than a mature grey. At maturity there no more *stages*. A 8 yr old grey can be exactly like a 6 yr grey or a 15 yr old grey or any other mature adult. In adolescence, it's the owner who develops what direction the bird will go in. A grey may talk alot, may not talk alot, may be more or less friendly, has a preference for certain foods, certain types of toys, is well trained or not well trained, is very extroverted or introverted.

Basically, when a grey reaches adulthood, it's the owner who has to go through individual stages in order to deal with their own mature, adult grey who's not going through stages anymore.

That's why the post was put into the Nursery Room.

After maturity, if a person wanted to sell or give away that mature bird, the new owner needs to be willing to also accept the bird's habits that were developed by the bird. In bird jargon, that's called history or baggage of the grey.

At least 95% of the members who are here are trying to learn about their new very young and adolescent birds who haven't yet reached maturity. After maturity, the bird rules the roost that the owner built.

Edited by Dave007