NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dissed By a Grey

MarcusCAG

So Marcus has been a bit cranky today. There are two episodes that I'm going to share here in this post, the second being the most interesting and surprising.

This afternoon, prior to cleaning out the boys' cages, I thought that a misting might be in order since it's been a while since either Beaker or Marcus has been thoroughly showered. (It's rather cold here and we don't have heat...) Therefore I grabbed the squirt bottle and started with Beaker, "Beaker, it's your misting showertime!" He was okay with it, and then I moved fluidly on to Marcus, who was a bit ruffled on his perch.

"Marcus misting showertime!"

Marcus endured two or three squirts and then said, very clearly, "Stop!"

I froze. He's never used that word in that situation before. So I said, "You want Mommy to stop?"

"Stop!" And he made a snapping noise. "Stop!"

"Okay, Marcus, I'll stop. I'm sorry." And when I put the bottle down on the floor, the instant it touched ground, Marcus said "Hello!" in a sweet tone. So I was apparently forgiven.

But... the more amazing of the two episodes happened just a few moments ago. I was cooking in the kitchen and my husband was in the boys' room, reading and hanging out with them. After I cleaned up a bit, I went into their room to join them all. Beaker, our Quaker parrot, has been antsy today--maybe it's something in the air? Anyway, he was acting all goofy around my husband, whom he loves. Marcus was on the floor near my hubby, who was cross-legged on the rug with Beaker on his one thigh. Beaker kind of looked like he was nesting or something because he kept tugging at his pants and shirt all weird.

So my husband looked down at Beaker and said something to him to the effect of "What are you doing?"

On the floor, Marcus cocked his head a little, looked up at my husband, and said, "What?"

"I was talking to Beaker," my husband told Marcus as Beaker tugged at his shirt again.

Marcus just kind of looked at them. And then, as he turned and started waddling away like a little grey chicken toward his cage, he said, "What-ever."

Oh my goodness!! Where did he even get that from???

And yet I am proud of my boy for being so communicative with us anymore... :) :) :)

• Haha 1

Sorry all, I meant to post back here sooner... but yes, Marcus is definitely a character, I'm glad you liked the stories! He and Beaker keep us laughing and shaking our heads all the time, it's always (well, almost, haha--let's overlook the 'nippy' days!) a joy to be around our boys. I'll post again the next time I have a cute little story to share. :)