NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Alaska! Owner of two Greys

Saoirse3

Hello from Soldotna, Alaska!

We are the owners of one CAG, one TAG, a Meyers and a Yellowside Green Cheek. Our Greys are Mojo and Layla, and we have had them for 5 years (Mojo) and 4 years for Layla. We love them dearly, although each bird has a DEFINITE preference for one or the other of us. Mojo is "Daddy's Boy" and Layla is definitely "Mommy's Girl".

We live on the Kenai Peninsula, and if I had a wish it would be to form a club with other bird owners here. There is a club in Anchorage, but it's 3 hours away and meets on Tuesdays - a little difficult to do, since it's a 3 hour drive each way!

The local pet shop here drives me NUTZ! "Oh, seed diets are just FINE for Greys, we have ONE brand of food, nothing breed specific!" They feed ALL the birds the SAME diet and their birds look miserable. There are no "animal cops" or SPCA. Birds aren't even considered as having any value at all! Mushing or hunting DOGS. They're "useful". But now I found all of you and I am SO happy!

Welcome to the forum. It's GreYt having you here and thanks for the introduction of you and your flock.

There is a ton of information here in our different rooms that you may find interesting and helpful. Since you are limited to food selection locally for your Flock, I can only assume you purchase many items from the internet and do a lot of grocery shopping to make good foods for them.

I look forward to hearing more ans seeing photos of your flock when you get a chance. WE love hearing stories of other greys and their mixed flocks. :)