NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Nikko tried to give my parents heart attacks

spookyhurst

Oh gosh that picture is so funny! It reminds me of a budgie I had who would do a headstand in her nest box. She'd crawl in, push her head down into a corner, slowly bring her feet up off the bottom then roll over until she was flat on her back with her feet up in the air, like a cartoon picture of a dead bird. It gave me an awful fright one day - thought she really was dead and reached in to touch her. Upon which that little bird sat up on her tailbone with both feet stuck out in front of her!

Then she lunged forward from that strange sitting position and latched onto my finger so hard I yanked my hand back out and she came with it. Had to shake her off, awful little thing, and she took a pretty good chunk of skin with her. I wish I'd been able to video it...very funny in retrospect, though I was yelling my head off at the time.

I'm not sure if it's nesting behaviour, but I think some birds just like sitting in weird positions...maybe it's their version of Zen? :laugh:

LOL that's a great picture Spooky! My conure likes doing the head upside down thing. If I make a pouch out with my hand in my lap, he'll crawl into my hand, head down like that and tush up and he'll fall asleep like that! Bella doesn't do that, but Jiggy does it with my hand and with blankets. B)