NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Your Toys, Cages, and Greys!

RobertsKitty

Who doesn't like to talk about their pampered birdie right? Here are some fun questions that I am just kinda wondering about everyone on the fourm as a whole. Feel free to answer as few or as many as you like. I am just curious about you all and your wonderful babies!

What are his/her favorite toys?

What is his/her most hated toy?

How large is your birdie's cage?

What does your birdie's cage look like?

Where'd you get your cage?

Does your bird have a favorite perch and if so what kind?

What kind of play stand do you have(pictures are a plus)?

How many play stands do you have?

Whats your birds favorite activity to do with you(cleaning, cooking etc)?

Where'd you get your bird?

Is your Grey afraid of any strange things?

What's your bird's favorite game?

What is your bird's favorite and least favorite food?

What is your bird's favorite treat?

Is your bird clipped?

What is your birds newest (or favorite) phrase?

Does your bird know any fun tricks?

How many hours a day do you normally spend with your Grey?

How did you choose to name your Grey?

Is your bird DNA sexed?

Do you have fun stories about your Grey?

Feel free to answer all or some. Pictures of your birdies toys and cage are ++++!!! Thanks so much!<br><br>Post edited by: RobertsKitty, at: 2007/08/28 03:26

I'll start with Nikko's favorite toys: pinatas and cardboard boxes. She LOVES to chew. Every morning she starts the day with "box time." I put a cardboard box on the kitchen counter, and she climbs in and starts chewing. It only takes a few days before the box is "condemned" and a new one has to come out. Now to show you how crazy my family is, my dad added an addition to Nikko's current ratty looking box tonight. He says the old box is part of a historic district and can't be torn down, so it has to remain and the new box be built onto it. It's a HUD urban renewal project :P. We suspect that Nikko might have had a meth lab going in the old box, which is why she passed out in her toy bucket today (see my thread on how she gave my parents heart attacks). Anyhoo, we'll see what she thinks about it when she wakes up tomorrow morning :).

Guest briansmum

brians favourite toys are anything he isn't supposed to have my phone, the remote control my laptop etc, other than that he likes things with bells that he can bash, he likes to make noise

he goes through phases, he has a love hate relationship with most of his toys :laugh: or anything yellow. brian doesn't like yellow.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/rebeccameg/bricage001.jpg thats brians cage and i got it from www.parrot-cage.co.uk

Where'd you get your bird?

brian came from a breeder in Hull, UK - www.babygreys.co.uk

Is your Grey afraid of any strange things?

the colour yellow

"wrestle the hand"

he really likes melon and porridge he does not like leafy greens (spring greens, kale etc) they go on the floor.

sunflower seeds!!!!!

Is your bird clipped?

no, bri's fully flighted and boy does he know it!

he likes to say "ooooh!" a lot at the moment, there was a bird in the garden the other day and bri was on the window ledge, he looked at the bird, looked at me, looked back at the bird and said "OOOOH!" really loud and clear.

when i ask him "what colour red?" or "what colour blue" he picks the right coloured block :)

i'm on long term sick leave from work so unless i go out, all day LOL

he's named after my grandad

Is your bird DNA sexed?

yes my breeder has all his birds DNA sexed so i knew he was a boy from the word go

he's only 6 months old, so not really, but i'm sure we'll rack some up.

:)

What are his/her favorite toys? wooden blocks

What is his/her most hated toy? not one in particular, they have fights with them all ;)

cage006.jpg

cage010.jpg

Where you get your cage? one off a supplier,one of my husbands accountant !!:laugh:

Where you get your bird? the boys from a breeder, coco is a rescue.

Is your Grey afraid of any strange things? loud sudden noises.

What's your bird's favorite game? peek-a-boo.

Favourite banana least peas.

What is your bird's favorite treat? pine nuts.

Is your bird clipped? no.

What is your birds newest (or favorite) phrase? hello pickle & give us a kiss.

Does your bird know any fun tricks? no :(

How many hours a day do you normally spend with your Grey? Im with them all on & off throughout the day.

How did you choose to name your Grey? just liked alfie & freddie :) coco was already named before she came to me.

Is your bird DNA sexed? yes all 3

Do you have fun stories about your Grey? not really, mine are just like having 3 kids :lol:

I have two Greys, so I'll answer for Tonka, whom I've lived with for six years.

His chandelier style swing that hangs from the ceiling, mini birdie bagels, and small pine-cones. He loves small stuff that he can throw.

Tonka does not like acrylic toys.

How large is your birdie's cage?

About 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep but 4 feet tall.

Don't have a pic, it's a hammertone gold, dometop cage.

Where'd you get your cage?

Petshop

Where'did you get your bird?

Petshop, fell in love with home while shopping for a cage for the baby Grey I had just put a deposit on at the breeders...

Fetch, where he throws stuff and I fetch

Favorite: chicken; Least favorite: leafy greens (so I hide them in his mash)

Chicken

Is your bird clipped?

Nope

Don't forget your keys (he says that now when I leave, because my boyfriend tells me this because I tend to misplace my keys)

He does quite a few, waves hello, waves bye-bye (foot open and close), gives five, plays dead, does the "vulture" stance to name some.

I spend about two hours in the morning and five hours after work.

His name is Tonka, because he is a small Congo Grey (under 400grams), but he is very tough and built "sturdy". So, like the Tonka trucks, he's small but built tough.

Is your bird DNA sexed?

No

Yes of course, but i can't pick one to share right now :)

Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/27 20:42

Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/27 20:43<br><br>Post edited by: eve, at: 2007/08/27 20:49

Thats an awful lot of questions, Kitty, I think the more you ask the more questions you find to ask. I am not complaining but jeez, give us a break here. I will answer some of them.

Josey's cage is a split level with a playtop on one side, I bought it at a bird fair. She likes to play with bells and things that make noise.

Her favorite food is cheddar cheese, and she won't eat her greens.

She is clipped but I am letting her feathers grow out at the moment. I plan on using the harness to take her out.

She is DNA sexed as a female and she is talking some now, and does a very good wolf whistle.

She is out of her cage most of the evening on her playstand, she has several, and I usually give her about half an hour of one on one time.

Like most greys, she is afraid of new things, and takes flight at sudden noises.

Thats all I have at the moment, Kitty, maybe I will add some later.

Alrighty here goes nothing!

What are his/her favorite toys? Zsa Zsa-anything leather with knots. Red-Anything with woods pieces to chew on

What is his/her most hated toy?Zsa Zsa-Wood toys, Red-plastic toys

How large is your birdie's cage? Both my greys have identical cages, they are both 60"H 32"D 44"W

ted1-1.jpg this was when I first got Red, I hadn't gone toy shopping yet, so it looks bare, these are some of the toys she's got in there...

newtoy.jpg

What does your birdie's cage look like? White dome tops

Where'd you get your cage? From a wholesaler in town, got them both for less than $150 cause they had paint chips on them!

Does your bird have a favorite perch and if so what kind? They both love their sandy perches and Manzanita perches

What kind of play stand do you have(pictures are a plus)? I just have a basic manzanita tree that is Red's she doesn't like to shre...I'm looking into getting Zsa Zsa one also

How many play stands do you have? One for the moment.

Whats your birds favorite activity to do with you(cleaning, cooking etc)? Red-Hanging out on the back of the couch while I watch movies. Zsa Zsa-On my shoulder while I'm online.

Where'd you get your bird?Both my greys were rescues.

Is your Grey afraid of any strange things? Neither of them have any unusual fears that I've noticed yet.

What's your bird's favorite game? Both love Peekaboo!!

What is your bird's favorite and least favorite food? Red loves quesadillas(very rarely, probly why she loves them), Zsa loves oatmeal. Red doesn't like bread, Zsa isn't fond of most veggies sigh.

What is your bird's favorite treat? Red-avicakes, Zsa-peanuts

Is your bird clipped? Yes, they go outside fairly often, and for their safety.

What is your birds newest (or favorite) phrase? Red's- you're ok in my voice, Zsa-Good bird!

Does your bird know any fun tricks? Red is in the process of learning how to wave. None for Zsa yet

How many hours a day do you normally spend with your Grey? At least 2-3

How did you choose to name your Grey? Red was presumed male and was named Ted....she was in such a bad home prior, I didn't want to freak her out by completely changing her name so I chose Red since it rhymed. Zsa Zsa my mom told me since I got another Grey without telling her about it wanted to name her, her full name is Zsa Zsa Gabird(yes my mom thinks she's a comedian)

Is your bird DNA sexed? Yes, both my Greys are girls!

Do you have fun stories about your Grey? Ummm none that are completely out of the normal.

Post edited by: loviechick, at: 2007/08/28 22:15<br><br>Post edited by: loviechick, at: 2007/08/28 22:16

I know that we have threads for each and every one of your questions here. All of them of which I have already posted and answered. So I'll pass on the repeat posting.

If you do a search you will even see pictures of everyones cage that have posted. That answers a lot of your questions. Their are some beautiful cages here, you really should check it out!:)

Woo, I can't answer all the questions right now, but Klaus's thing with carrots came to mind. It's kind of a "food/toy" thing. He thinks carrots are great fun to tear up and throw around. I can only hope a little carrot is going in him! Also, he seems to hate broccoli. Very strange. Usually if you show him anything he'll at least pick it up and investigate, if only to play with it. He will not so much as touch a piece of broccoli...