NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Snuggle attack

Lambert58

So, every night, without fail, at around 5 PM, Leo and Willow fly to my shoulder and creep down to my chest for nightly snuggles. They take turns placing their beaks in my neck, chin or on my mouth to get scritches. This goes on for as long as...well... frankly, as long as my fingers can hold out. At least 15-20 minutes of scritches and snuggles.

This ends our day, and I then take them to the cage and put them up for the night.

These 2 are the only birds in the flock that do this. Our Sun Conures are way to ADD to take scritches and our Green Cheeks would likely kill someone.

Anyone else have snuggly greys?

Oh, and that's the ONLY time of the day this happens. Try giving Willow scritches in the morning and you'd best have 911 on speed dial.

I have 3 greys and only 1 is a snuggler but you can snuggler her all day everyday if you want, I also have a half moon conure that will snuggle. I can give scritches to my other two greys most of the time but not for very long just make them quick and to the point...LOL

Neo is cuddly and wants scratches at any time of the day. Sometimes he kind of turns his head away to let me know he would rather go play. Tonight he seemed more nervous than I have seen him since he moved in. We had our first fire of the year in the fireplace and I think it was scaring him. Anyway, he is cuddly but he's just a baby. He will be 6 months old tomorrow.

Sigh I miss the cuddly baby days with Cleo. She rarely even lets me scritch her though I think a lot of that is to do with her pin feathers on her head and neck. Touching her is much like touching a soft cactus at the moment. Cleo does go belly up, but only to play, and it's rough play, with bites and talons, so I don't do it.

Awww, how sweet. My Moussa is a sweet bird, but he hasn't been a snuggler. So far, our only snugglers are the cockatoo (of course) and the parrotlet.

Our Sun Conures are way to ADD to take scritches

This cracked me up. I can fully identify!

Our CAG Corky loves her cuddles through out the day for short periods of time and then she wants to play. Corky will be 10 years old on Sunday.

Cricket our blue front amazon is the same way. Cricket was very nasty when we got her 2 years ago but is very sweet now. Cricket is around 14 years old give or take a year

I'm trying SO...hard to get my grey to snuggle! I work w/ him everyday. When I handfeed, he turns his head for a quick scritch on top of his head after every bite. Then when he's down on the floor playing "tent" under his blanket; he emerges all warm and toasty. If I'm laying on my side on the floor, Roscoe puts his head down on the floor and tries to go up my shirt. I've let him cuddle for a few minutes (it's the only time he lets me touch him anywhere on his body] but I'm leary he's going to take a chunk of my ribs..... I think he likes the body heat.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can expand or change this playtime so I can be cuddly longer??