NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

food dilema

rick6477

i currently feed my 1 yr old cag a diet consiting of roudybush pellets and a mixture of fresh fruits and veggies daily he is very healthy looking and acting my avian vet says he looks great a local bird breeder i just met claims that abba bird feed is a better healthier food for him i looked at it and seems to be mostly seeds which i thought was not a good diet at all does anyone have any suggestions

I provide Roudybush for all my greys. My companion greys get Roudybush maintenance, and my breeders get Roudybush High Energy Breeder. There truly is no better nutritional mix than that. (All the top-tier brands such as Roudybush and Harrision's are nutrtionally close to each other).

While pellets are the staple food, a good mix of veggies, fruits, and grains are essential for healthy birds. I also supplement the pellets and organics with a good seed mix such as Higgins Mayan Harvest (no junk seeds there).

Abba seeds are a cheap product and are easy for people to sign up and resell. So it tends to get pushed a lot by someone looking to make an easy buck. Roudybush, Harrisons, Zupreem, etc are all much more difficult to qualify for wholesale sales and are typically available through a completely different sales channel. I don't see Abba foods as a viable alternative. Period.

i stopped by the guys store last night he does have a cag he claims is 39yrs old and looks farely healthy but the guy himself is just too pushy and a typical salesman i am going to stick with my current diet for nemo but i am interested in looking in to the mayan blend which one would you recommend? and also an added note my sisters neighbor has a 2yr old cag and was raised on abba seed and has been plucking her feathers might not be directly from diet but scared me enough to stay away from it thanks for the advise