NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Last 6 Weeks With My Baby, Chilly

Lambert58

It's all good. No sleep for a couple of months is a small trade for happy tears on apple slices & all those years you'll have together. :)

It's all worth it. Here's a pic we took of her on Christmas eve. She's actually doing much better now and in this picture she was just starting her recovery.

IMG_2166.jpg

pencil.png

I think this is the last update here. She's interacting with her cage mates, trying to get her wings back, mauling pellet bowls and in general has begun returning to the healthy bird she was 6 months ago. She's still about 10g underweight but she doesn't appear to be in discomfort anymore and comes out of the cage to wreak havoc with her buddies like nothing is wrong.

I think we made it through the storm.

Best Christmas present, ever.

Life wins. This time.

More updates (even though I said no more).

Chilly is holding steady for the last 3 weeks at between 94 - 100 grams. Playing with her cage mates, but still is inordinately docile, requires 4 hand feedings a day. Poop looks fine, not passing undigested food (an indicator of PDD), playing, stepping up, actually flew a few feet from playtop to the to the back of a chair. Still, she's overly shy, only steps up to me (not my wife) and is exhibiting baby behavior.

She eats Harrison's pellets after the cereal (kaytee baby food + peanut butter + cinnamon + oatmeal), attacks the occasional sunflower seed or nutriberry. She still won't eat fresh fruits (grapes/apples/oranges) or veggies (cauliflower, peas, corn, greens).

Been boiling/mashing up yams and carrots as an addition to everyone's cereal, including hers. Every other fid in the flock is on it like Rosie O'Donnell on a baked ham, but Chilly has been standoffish.

It's going to be a long road back for her. But. She's a trooper and we'll be there every step of the way.

Edited by Lambert58