NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Advice on a cage

ryknoll3

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here. My wife and I are going to be bringing home a baby TAG in a couple months or so and I am shopping for a cage for it.

This is what I had in mind .....http://www.petsolutions.com/storefront/bird/pet-bird/cages-carriers/the-royalty-suite/prodTheRoyaltySuite.html

Does anyone have experience with this cage? It seemed like a decent size. Is there anything that anyone can mention as must-have features?

Thanks for the help. I've really enjoyed the reading I've done here so far. It's all been very informative and educational. You guys have some awesome greys out there!

The must haves for my Greys have always been long enough for a boing to swing on, and to have feeding cups on 2 sides. I personally like to be able to take the top tray off and have more overhead light plus my guys have always liked climbing around on the roof which is harder to do if the top seed tray is on. Its also harder to change out toys. I also like a toy hanging arm on the playtop along with a water dish and a dish I use for foot toys & extra treats. Cages in my house tend to be a project in trasnsition, they look different every week. I like to start with a good quality large cage and tailor it to the birdies needs and wants, and every birdie is different. You cannot buy a cage too big for the birdie, but you can buy one too big for your house, not that I have ever done that or anything lol.