NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

You little Turkey !!!

birdhouse

Thanksgiving's come & gone & for the most part, everyone was surprisingly well behaved. Except maybe for this one little moment...

It came to that lull at the end of the day when the last guests were finishing their coffee & working up the energy to head out. The dog, full of goodies, had curled up by the quaker's cage to take a nap.

From where I sat, I could see Charm work her way down to the floor of the cage, right beside the dog. And for a second, I thought how sweet when she quietly started to bird talk to her as she played.

Even when dogs sleep, they seem to be listening to everything that's going on. Inevitably a big, beautiful ear directed itself at the sweet nothings that Charm was whispering.

I saw it coming in the instant it happened. Charm flashed out to grab the ear that she'd been after all along and she missed!!

The ear settle back in another direction. No one but me had any idea how close the person at that end of the couch came to wearing his coffee when my big dog came straight up off the floor out of sound sleep. Charm took her toy & climbed up the side of the cage, looking for all the world, as innocent as pumpkin pie.

Hope everyone else had a great day, too! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by birdhouse