NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Video's for parrots?

Rylie's Mom (Cindy)

I picked up a dvd player for Rylie to help keep him occupied but I have not had much luck on finding "movies" or video's designed to entertain parrots. I know I could just leave the tv on but there needs to be a compromise agreed to between myself and the other half :rolleyes:

I want to avoid ones that show parrots screaming and squaking excessivly or uncontrolably as that would not be something I would want him to learn as a favorite.

I thought about childrens cartoons since that is what I have on the tv most of the time anyways due to having the granddaughter here everyday but would like to entertain other options.......

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!!

My birds seem to enjoy music, so I sometimes leave a radio on in their room tuned to a good music station.

As far as video goes, they seem to enjoy children's programming. They probably like the cheerful, excited voices and simple, happy music. My lovebird's favorite show was Teletubbies until they quit showing it here. I think she liked the faint bird chirping sounds in the background. Gwyneth the cockatoo enjoys nature programming on PBS and any type of program with people laughing. She found the show about raptors very exciting, except the part where the hawk flies right at the screen, that part was just too much for her. LOL!

I put the TV on a children's station. My birds don't seem to interested in most of it, but do seem to enjoy the Wiggles. They love it when I play them utube videos of parrots, so I've always thought about getting one of the parrot-sitting DVDS but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kali_the_Destroyer

I don't watch TV but my partner does, about 6 hrs a day. Kali has a perch next to it, but isn't even remotely interested in that big bright goggle box. I have the radio on when I'm home, and she's not interested in that either.

When I'm out at work, she is perfectly content to be in her cage. She naps, or chews up toilet paper or (her newest favourite toy) nutshells. She knows when I come home she'll have lots of playtime - I've never had a problem with her being bored, or screaming. I guess I'm lucky (or strict)