NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

fruit pot!

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

no it's just pieces of chopped fruit in a little pot, theres melon, grapes and apple in it also, i'm just not sure about the pineapple or kiwi

Guest briansmum

thanks guys, im sure brian will br very unimpressed at yet another new food in his dish and it will likely end up on the floor, but it's always good to know :)

Hi Beccy, kiwi is great for them. My greys love them almost as much as prickley pears, in fact all my birds go nuts for kiwi & prickley pears, cherries (no pit), pineapples, cantalope, apples, blue berries, cooked beans & pasta, and hot peppers. It seems the hotter the better but remember before you give them a kiss prepare yourself for a hot lips:laugh:

enjoy Benny

LOL Fourtrap!! Speaking of Hot Lips....

Yes, I was not prepared for the "HOT" pepper dust that is a fine coating over all the contents of the seed/pellet blend from Browns I use for Dayo.

The first day I gave it to him, he pretty much had half his body in the stainless bowl going to town on the Peppers.

After sitting on my shoulder, sleeping on my chest and basically wandering all over my body and head throughout the day...He left a trail!

I a woke around midnight with my scalp, cheeks and neck burning. It really freaked me out for a second until all my processors came online and analysed the possibilities..Stroke, mysterious disease, chemicals I used during the day :ohmy: ....Then the "Pepper Factor" came to mind :laugh:

I got up, washed my face and hair.....scary issue resolved. :woohoo:

That is some REALLY HOT stuff ;-) and Greys (Dayo) loves it!! :woohoo:

Hot_Sweating.gif

Hot_Sweating.gif

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Now this is something I can really laugh at, I wish you could see me now, rolling around on the floor laughing my cheeks off. You must have scared Kim to death, and I would have probably done the same thing.

Thanks Dan, for sharing this story with us, it made me laugh and I know it will others too, I can always count on you for a good one.:P

judygram wrote:

Now what was this thread about, oh right, a fruit pot. We kind of got sidetracked there but I am going to get this back on track.

Fruits are well and good but there should be more veggies than fruits given to our greys.:P

Quite correct Judy ;)

i know have my little off topic army who may pop up now & then ,

ot.gifofftopic1.gifOff_Topic_Man_by_Smidy.gifOff-Topic2.gif

You have been warned ;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2007/08/27 22:27

Judy, well.......It's Cactus Fruit....Fruit of the Cactus.....Fruit from the Cactus......hmmmmmmm, those are all the ways I can think of explaining it. :-)

Ok, I am talking of one type which grows here in the deserts of the southwest USA. It is called Saugaro cactus fruit.

Maybe a Picture:

SaguaroFruits_jpg__2_.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/08/29 10:22

SaguaroFruits_jpg__2_.jpg