NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Issac - First Hatchday

Elvenking

Well, it's my babys first hatchday and he is now one year old. It certainly has been an adventure since I got him. He fills me with tons of joy with all his cuddling, noises and funny behaviors. I could have never guessed how much a aprt of my life Issac would become. He is a gigantinc part now. When he flew away a few months ago, I got a taste of what it would be like to come home to a house without him, and it was not a good feeling at all. I missed him in every moment.

His latest noises are the "bomb-dropping and splat" sound, the sound of me swallowing, coughing, barking like the neighbors dog, and attempts at saying 'hello'. He actually said it understandably twice this morning. I, of course, am his biggest cheerleader and give him loads of praise at every attempt.

I can no longer make phone calls in his presence most of the time because he gets jealous and tries to take the phone away. He will sometimes start panting like a horny bird. Too funny. Sometimes people call and as soon as I pick up my cell phone, Issac gives chase. So they hear me running loops around the kitchen and then ducking into the bathroom asking me, "What is going on over there?"

These birds definitely have moods. Issac can be the ultimate cuddly and sweet little thing. Offering up kisses, scratches and lower beak rubs. I simply love it when he rubs his head up against my cheek. Othertimes he wants me to pay attnetion to him and he lets me know by doing a fly-by ear tweak. Land for one split second, tweak my ear with his beak and fly off. Sometimes, I try to catch him and give him a quick time out. But the chase alone must be fun for him. There's me chasing him from perch to perch. I just have to give up after a few minutes. Smart Alec.

Here are some pictures of my baby:

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

He is a friend like no other and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I love him forever. Sometimes I cup my hands around his body gently and kiss his back. I mean...look at that picture...you have to kiss him!

Anyway, I just wanted to let all know that Issac was having a nice hatchday and celebrating by munching on some palm nuts. Happy Birthday, Issac!!

It's hard to believe Issac is 1 already. It has been such a pleasure watching him grow over the last year in your once weekly updates. This update is appreciated as well and he has done incredibly well under your loving care. Thanks for sharing this write up and photos. :)

It's hard to believe Issac is 1 already. It has been such a pleasure watching him grow over the last year in your once weekly updates. This update is appreciated as well and he has done incredibly well under your loving care. Thanks for sharing this write up and photos. :)

Yeah...after six months he stopped the rapid changing so monthly updates were more appropriate. Today...he is saying "Oooooowwwww...oooowwww" Like 'ouch'. As in when his nails scratch me when he wants to do acrobatics from my arm. It's what I say to try to dramatize the event and he picked it up. It's super cute.

His attempts at talking are really picking up...it makes me hopeful that he will be saying things soon. Love him.

Every time I see your avatar photo of Isaac, I just melt. Those are such precious moments. Happy birthday to Isaac, thanks to you and your enjoyable posts, we have gotten to know you both a little better. He could not be in a better home and you couldn't have a better friend and companion. The pictures you have posted are breathtaking. Isaac is a picture of health and has a twinkle of mischief in his eye. I appreciate your relationship with him more than you know. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your wonderful little feathered friend.

Every time I see your avatar photo of Isaac, I just melt. Those are such precious moments. Happy birthday to Isaac, thanks to you and your enjoyable posts, we have gotten to know you both a little better. He could not be in a better home and you couldn't have a better friend and companion. The pictures you have posted are breathtaking. Isaac is a picture of health and has a twinkle of mischief in his eye. I appreciate your relationship with him more than you know. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your wonderful little feathered friend.

What truly wonderful things to say. Thank you for such heartfelt comments. And that avatar photo....hits me where it counts every time I look at it. I do not think I will ever change it. Because in the moment he was sleeping on me like that....I was just the happiest guy in the world. I felt very trusted. It's a magnificent feeling. I just have a real love for birds. I always notice them when others would never. Issac is my number one bird, and I sure want to make him know it. Thanks for reading about my baby. :)