NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Well we now experiencing the...

Jingles

If it's yours, it's mine...MINE, MINE, MINE!!!!

Jasper wanted a chip... (never had them before and he didn't get one this time either!)

We were all eating chips too .... So...

He flew from me, to hubby, to DD's head and back again! Lol...he even sort of hissed in frustration!

I did the nice thing and put him where he didn't see us eat chips... But got me thinking, great, terrible 2's here we come-and he is only 18 months old!

(he has gotten this way about a few things, but he was a lot more wanty tonight!

This is all too familiar, when they see us eating anything they think you need to share for whatever is yours is theirs too, you might have to come up with something similar looking to give Jasper the next time you are snacking on something, it could lead to you selecting healthier snacks for yourself so you can share them.

This is all too familiar, when they see us eating anything they think you need to share for whatever is yours is theirs too, you might have to come up with something similar looking to give Jasper the next time you are snacking on something, it could lead to you selecting healthier snacks for yourself so you can share them.

That's what I do, judy. If I'm eating chips, I give the fids cheerios.

cherrios, i'll have to remember that! i was actually eating pop chips...they are soooo good! and actually healthy for you! they are not fried or baked...but boy are they good. 19 chips equal to 120 calories!

but, terrible two's last longer than the human terrible twos and last forever? great...lol

totally agree with Judy here. When you eat, they need to eat. You need to provide a healthy alternative or eat elsewhere. Excluding them from the experience by caging them isn't going to help, and will only frustrate your fid.

I rescued Gary last night and while reading this - it just hits me... We received Gary last night at about 5pm and at about 9pm my son (Brian) was eating something (can't remember what it was right now). Gary flies out of his cage and lands on the coffee table. He looked like he was walking to Brian. He must have wanted some and was comfortable enough to go get some. We would have allowed Gary to walk around buy we still need the dogs accustomed to Gary. They were wanting to sniff him and I didn't want any accidental bites yet - so Gary actually did a step up and I eventually put him back in his cage. The previous owner said he loved peanuts so when I get home, I'm going to see if he will come to me for peanuts and actually eat them instead of grabbing it from me then just dropping it on the floor like he did last night.