NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Diva is being weird need help pls

TeresaAnn

For that last week Diva has been acting stand offish. Tonight she come out of her cage like always. I walked apast and said hi pretty girl. Then went to make sure she has her seeds for the night and to spend our evening time togather. she stepped up fine and i brought her over here like we always do and i sat her on my chair. i was doing a few things like always and all of a sudden she started jumping at me trying to bite me . she finally got my arm and left me with a good size hole in my arm. I actually had to put a towel over her to get her back to her cage. Any ideas what to do about this or just ignore the behavior? I mean she scream me. She has NEVER done this before. Is it just a mood swing that will pass?

Other then what has happen tonight with the bite and she stand offish this week everything else is the same. shes talking up a storm looks good. doing everything she always does

That's why I was thinking it was something like hormones. (Think teenage girls.) Or molting. Both of those things affect parrots but not necessarily their appetite or their play by themselves. It does affect their releationships.

They constantly go through phases and this could just be a phase. I know our female Kea is going through a phase now where she flies at me and nips me.I just ignore it because I know she will get over it, she has been through so many other phases and got over all of them. I know it's not nice when they are like this and you worry if something is wrong or of you did something, how long will this last. I just try to focus on all the other good things with Kea and nice times we have and be patient with her when she is in the flying and biting mood.

I am a bit curious. You said you made sure she had seeds for the night, and then you had her step up and sit with you for the evening. What's with that? If someone put a steak in front of me and then made me go somewhere, I'd be a little nippy, too!

Perhaps reversing that, with putting in the seeds after you return is more appropriate. Couple that with a few treats while she's with you will definitely be more favorable for both of you.

Have you made any changes to her external environment? Sometimes they can be very sensitive to what we would consider small changes. Something as seemingly innocuous as changing the color of your curtains, a new rug, etc. If nothing has changed then I defer to the previous commentors and say just weather the storm, give her love, and press on.

I have always did this putting seeds in her bowl and taking her with me maybe she was hugry and didnt want to go but she didnt refuse like she has in the past when she refuses to go with me i dont make her go. Yes there has been other changers to our home. Like i have said in a past post we have been having work done in our new. I think I might know what is ticking her off and there is nothing I can do about it now. Is the railing that is on our step was all open and she would go sit and look down however with having work in out home done since our house was built in 1898 they closed the railing in she can no longer sit over there. Our dogs also done this. Other then that there is nothing else new in the room she is in . I wish I would have never let them close that in like that but i was looking out for the best of my pets 1st because, I cought my yorkie just in time one evening as she was going to fall off it. They loved that area Diva and the dogs. So sad now i feel really bad. On a brighter note Diva has biten me anymore and she is actually sitting here with me now singing "i'll fly away" old gospel song. One of our favorite things to do together.