NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The dog wants out.

Ray P

We have an ageing Cairn terrer whos eye sight and hearing are going bad along with a loss of teeth and when he has to go out it needs to be quick. When smokey would whine to go out around 5:30 am I would get up and say smokey want out and go down the steps turn on the light in the family room go in to the great room turn on the light and he would be at the door to go out.

There were two mornnings this week when I came down to let he out he was stil in his bed and I said Smokey want out and made him go out to his disliking that was Monday and today. Well today when I went down to let him out he was in his bed so I made him get up and go out. When he came back he went to his bed so I turned out the light in the great room and turned out the light in the family room and as I was going up the steps I heard Smokey whine again so I turned the lights back on but Smokey was in his bed. I looked over at Corky our CAG`s Cag and their she was looking under her nite coover and she said want out.

Edited by Ray P

Ahhh yes the pretending to want out ploy!!!!! Ana Grey does this also. My pug, Lily barks at the door of she wants out. She is really a great dog and barks in the morning and then the evening. Well sometimes I have been hearing barking at the door in the afternoon and Lily isn't there. It has been Ana Grey!!!! Ana Grey barks and flies off when she hears me coming. (Greys have great hearing by the way.) I have heard her laughing as she shoots past me. Little stinker!!!! Our greys are little comics!!!!!! Welcome to the club, Corky!!!!! 10_5_135.gif

First story I ever read about a grey. It was in a Parrot Talk magazine about 15 years ago. The owner of the bird had a dog named "Bowzer". The grey would say, "Bowzer! You wanna go out?" in the woman's voice and the dog would be prancing at the door, and the grey would laugh. The sad ending to the story was the day the woman was having to agonize over having Bowzer put to sleep due to illness. She was holding Bowzer with his head in her lap and she was crying. The grey said, "Ahhhh. Bowzer bad boy?" It was the only words he knew to express the situation. I have wanted a grey ever since I read that story but had to wait until two months ago to be ready to meet the demands of such a wonderful creature.

Well, our Marcus hasn't imitated our dog, Dahlia, yet--but he does imitate my husband regarding Dahlia. Whenever my hubby comes home from work, she goes bonkers, jumping up and down like mad (she's part Newfoundland so she's not a little girl!). Anyway, he'll say, "Dahlia! Dahlia, go to bed!" and usually she's a good girl and scampers off to be released once his shoes are off and whatnot. Yesterday, I think it was, for the first time when my husband's vehicle pulled into the driveway and Dahlia started barking like crazy, Marcus snapped in my husband's voice: "Dahlia! Dahlia!" It's the only thing I've heard Marcus say yet in his voice and not mine (dismissing the things Marcus still says from his former home). I just thought it was so funny!

Lol, these are so funny!! When my dog Mandy has to go outside she just stands at the door, when I see her I say "Oh, Mandy's gotta go pee!" Well, yup one of Biscotti's favorite phrases now is "Mandy's gotta go pee!" :) Of course he doesn't just say it when she's standing at the door, so I am always looking to see if Mandy really needs to go out whenever he says it.

Also, he has starting switching it up and saying "Mommy's gotta go pee!" Cracked me up the first time he said it, so he keeps throwing that one out too!

Gotta love the little buggers!! :)