NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Marcus and his Imaginary Telephone Conversations!

MarcusCAG

Ooh, I just have to share this, I am so excited!!!

So I've been scrubbing the house here this afternoon (needs it badly!) and in the background I've been hearing Marcus do variations of this one 'theme' of his. A few moments ago Mommy actually put two and two together and figured out what he's been saying!

Marcus will make a telephone sound, and then, in his voice, "Hello?"

Immediately following, with the crackly static that accompanies the sound of what a bystander would overhear of someone else's phone conversation: "Good boy Beaker!"

It took me a few moments to realize what this little routine meant... Our Quaker parrot, Beaker, has a known 'vocabulary' of about ten phrases but he only regularly says "Good boy Beaker!" in various circumstances. (Actually, I'd say that's the English that pops out of his beak about 95% of the time.) And I talk to my husband on the phone all the time in front of the boys, so Marcus is quite familiar with what the other end of a phone call conversation sounds like.

So what this all adds up to is--Marcus has been pretending he's been getting phone calls from Beaker!!!

Oh, I am just so tickled and pleased with our boy!! :) :) :)

That's just adorable ;) I have to be so careful when I talk on the phone now. Tui listens intently and sometimes I catch him repeating whole sentences of a previous conversation. He has the ring, beep of the buttons, and my greeting down perfectly lol. I was talking to my mom about what I got my children for Christmas this year, I hope Tui doesn't tell! LOL

That's just adorable ;) I have to be so careful when I talk on the phone now. Tui listens intently and sometimes I catch him repeating whole sentences of a previous conversation.

Hee-hee, that's a trick... I haven't heard Marcus do that yet, I guess my phone conversations just aren't that interesting! ;)