NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this cage ok?

Tamara

ok, couldnt get the pic up LOL but it is 40 1/2" wide X 31 1/5" Deep X 67" High with a skirt and with the play top. Do you think that this is an ok cage? and the bar spacing is 3/4". Thanks for any input :) And if you dont think this is a good cage, any suggestions on where to look and stuff would be awsome!!! THank you :)

Tamara,

The cage my AG is in is 65" high but much of that is the legs of the cage. Just keep in mind how much height the cage itself has, but from your description of the width and depth, it sounds like that's a good size cage.

>^..^<

Awsome! THank you! I am going to look into a bigger one. I am still doing my research and stuff, and plan to get the cage and stuff before i get my birdie :) He/she wont be in it very much, but i just want to get the right cage irregardless LOL thanks again!!!

I think that size cage is perfect for a grey. I often recommend something like this http://www.aecageco.com/product.cgi?group=17203&product=17422 , which is a playtop cage that is 32x23 with an internal 30" height, or http://www.aecageco.com/product.cgi?group=17203&product=17432 , which is also a playtop at 36x28 with an internal height of 38". I know others feel that bigger is better, but I've found that my greys like the "snuggability" of these cages. They still allow plenty of toy space and wing-spread room. Of course, my birds are usually out most of the day playing on their stands, so cage size isn't really critical for them.

icon-28777764.jpg

my cage is 36w 56t 26d, without playtop. My grey wont sit on top, he will fly/fall to the ground if he is on the perch. So I took it off. He likes to stand on top sides. My grey does not go to the bottom of the cage either, so I guess I did not need on so tall, but I did not know that at the time. I really like my cage anyway:) Here is a picture of it in case you did not see it in the other posts.

photo-43.jpg

Thanks for all your replies :) I found this one as well......its hard when they dont tell you how tall it is with out the stand but this is what this one says it is with the stand

6 gauge / 4 gauge cage wire

Bar spacing: 1"

Overall dimensions: 68" H x 32" W x 23" D

Is that an ok size? LOL thanks again everyone!!

I would say depth is more important as they need enough width to be able to open their wings and flap without touching the sides but the ones that Dave, aka Spinner showed are an excellent cage size.

You can totally tell i am new at this, but i want to learn SOO Much before i get a baby

And thats good that so ask all the questions you like.

• 2 weeks later...