NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Emergency: Bird flew

DavidH

I know you did everything you could when Shanti took off. But it's been a little while & people forget about things. Now that some time has passed, you might make some re-posts & follow up phone calls. Maybe design some new posters, too. People stop seeing things they look at all the time.

You might also broaden your search area. Shanti 's also had some time to travel.

Keep going, DavidH. Also, where do you live? Please make an adjustment on your profile so that other people in your area who are on this forum might contact you to help. (I know I would offer, if I saw that you are in Los Angeles, for example. And surely I can't be the only person on this board who would offer to help a fellow grey-lover whose bird was out there.)

Even if you are tired and feeling hopeless, keep going. Someone may have him, trying to figure out how to get him back to you, so keep going. Knock on doors, talk to kids on bikes in the neighborhood, put up MORE signs and posters. Talk to kids on the playgrounds or parks (and tell them there is a reward) - kids will often be very interested in spotting the bird if they know there is money involved, and kids spend a lot of time outside.

We are all hoping for the best for you and your bird.