NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who's a clever bird then? contest ~CLOSED~

Guest briansmum

Ok here is my "trick" Could not get hubby to touch the camera so had to go with this.

For some reason when I upload I lose my sound. Anyway she is 9 years old this month and well still accept food this way. She does however prefer a spoon.

Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/09/08 20:15http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/Kolkri/movies/?action=view&current=quetrick001.flv<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/09/08 20:22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest briansmum

not long now guys and gals lets get a couple more entrys in, don't forget it doesnt have to be a video it could be a photo too.

it really is a good prize!! ;)

Nikko has performance anxiety. I've been trying to get her on video retrieving her nut from a "Birdie Kerplunk" toy, but whenever I get the camera out, she just sits and stares. By the time she gets the nut out, many many minutes have passed. Maybe I can figure out how to trim out all the boring parts and post an abbreviated video.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest briansmum

i love how she gave it one last tug just to make sure the nut was out then started strutting around her prize, she seemed very pleased with herself! love it, thanks for another great entry.

i got brian one of those birdy kerplunks but he pushed it off the table and it shattered!

by the way guys and gals!

THE ENTRY DATE FOR THE COMPETITION HAS BEEN EXTENED BY TWO WEEKS.

so now the closing date is 15th of October.

PLEASE let's see some more entrys nikki does not have sufficient competition here! :P

Here is Liath's entry. She has lots of tricks but its hard getting her to perform with the camera. She really really wants to eat it!

Here she waves Hello and puts her wings up. She also turns around when I tell her to.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/siobha9/?action=view¤t=liathtricks.flv

(I hope that link works, I am new to Photobucket)

Siobhan<br><br>Post edited by: xxbeccyxx, at: 2007/10/02 17:22

Guest briansmum

i edited the link so it was actually a link, but it doesnt seem to be opening the right thing. anyone else had a problem?

Working with my baby is never what I would consider hard. She loves to do it, and I love doing it with her. These tricks are so that when my kids friends come round, she will do something. Because she refuses to talk to them. At least the kids can have her wave to prove to their friends that she is clever!

Of course Wings Up becomes Stick em Up when my son does it with her!

Siobhan

Guest briansmum

i see it this time siobhan! great entry!

great training, and i agree completely training isn't hard work, it should be fun for you and the bird.

cool tricks liath, you are a very clever birdy! keep it up both of you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest briansmum

i take it we are all done with our entries here then? :( you have tonight to make any last minute submissions. tomorrow i will complile the entries we do have and be asking for votes :) so if you want that super awesome mystery prize get those pics or vids in fast :)

Here is Manzi playing dead. Now he does it from his perch, but I haven't had time to get a video of it. It looks like I am just putting him on his back, but he actually leans back on his own. It took a while to get him to let go of my hand once he was on his back though.

Here is a video of Manzi riding his favorite car:

Here are two videos of Manzi during flight training:

Post edited by: Adele, at: 2007/10/25 07:18<br><br>Post edited by: Adele, at: 2007/10/25 07:19

Way to go Manzi! He's quite the flyer, Nikko needs to take lessons from him. She has a bit of trouble with her landing skills :S.

The contest was a good idea Beccy, but maybe not too many people have video cameras...or they don't know how to upload them to the web...or their birds don't perform on demand (had a bit of a problem with Nikko in this regard){Communicate-0002011F}.

I hope more people enter in a future video contest. I love watching everyone's birds! We need a grey who can outdance Snowball the Cockatoo.