NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The killing of an innocent soul

Kaleah

For those that haven't heard about this, Troy Gentry from the country group Montgomery Gentry, is all for shooting innocent animals that have been hand raised and are tame. In 2004 he shot a tame black bear named Cubby at the Minnesota Wildlife Connection. The owner of the property and of the bear he hand raised (at least that's what I gathered) allowed Troy Gentry to shoot him with a bow and arrow on the enclosed grounds. An animals rights group known as S.H.A.R.K. has now been granted the right to release the video of this horrific slaughter.

I don't believe in the slaughter of any animal and so I have been meat free for 7 years. But coming from Wisconsin and having had a father who was all about deer and duck hunting, I can understand why people do this for the sporting aspect, I just don't agree with it. And especially not tame animals. It would be no different than taking a friendly dog and shooting it. Anyway, here's the link. There is a video too, but I didn't watch it. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/105781818.html

Greenly used Cubby in his photography until he needed more medical attention than Greenly was willing to pay. Instead, he profits $4650 from selling him for execution.

Gentry gets his kicks chasing this animal (who has no known reason to run) up & down the block, in my neighborhood & kills him by the least efficient possible method. Then oops, fills out the paperwork incorrectly.

How can anyone call all of this anything except barbaric?