NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Dying Parrot

Arjadaga

Through more research I have come upon disturbing news. The Wild Bird Conservation Act of 1992 has put an end to the imports of birds including parrots to the U.S. But not much other countries have done this. Many birds, particularly parrots, have sadly been crammed into crates while 90% of birds die only for the remaining 10% living to be sold in markets and pet stores around the world (besides U.S.) As if we don't have enough parrots in breeding facilities! But even through the Wild bird Conservation Act of 1992, there are literally NO laws in place for breeders. Not to say all breeders are bad, but the vast majority of them are very much like puppy mills, called bird mills.

This post is to raise awareness. I didn't know exactly where to move this so please feel free to move it where desired. I am posting this in the health room for this concerns the entire ecosystem of parrots. In the Netherlands, the ringneck parrot is considered a pest. In other places Hyacinth macaw are endangered. So sad some people can only think of money when they look at the animals in nature ! As Alex proved, these animals are very intelligent, we do a grave disservice when we take them from the wild. Organizations like the World Parrot Trust are doing their best to help save these parrots. Remember, we to, are a part, not apart of nature.

I think importing of parrots should be stopped over here in England, too. I've read up about the importing process of Greys and watched a video of how they're caught in the wild and it made me cry. I've also read that African Greys are becoming endangered in the wild because so many keep being caught for the pet trade. It's disgraceful! More countries (including mine) should think about it. Animals ought to be respected as we were put here to guard and look after them.

I think importing of parrots should be stopped over here in England, too. I've read up about the importing process of Greys and watched a video of how they're caught in the wild and it made me cry. I've also read that African Greys are becoming endangered in the wild because so many keep being caught for the pet trade. It's disgraceful! More countries (including mine) should think about it. Animals ought to be respected as we were put here to guard and look after them.

i agree, im also from england.