NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

stopped talking.

rayyan

hi everyone

im hoping for some help with my baby!

hes a 1.5yr old cag he started talking early and used to talk non stop saying words, screaming with the kids literally all day every day.

the last couple of weeks he has stopped talking and screaming and only says a few words rarely.

i have started leaving him out all day as i thought he wasnt out enough and depressed when hes out he constantly wants cuddles and nudges my hand and thats all the time. before he liked cuddles but he also liked his independance.

his poop is normal and he seems normal otherwise. and he eats well

if it is a health problem what could some other signs be?

i will take him to the vet next week but just seeking advice and others experiances.

If your bird is making other sounds in parrotese but not words, then your parrot hasn't stopped talking. He's taking a break from human language. When they do that, they'll continue to make natural bird sounds but he won't mimic human words. It happens often and most of the time, the words slowly come back. He may also becoming more affectionate. You may be rubbing and petting in the wrong areas. If he gets too stimulated he'll stay with you for longer periods of time just to be touched. But, your vet will be more able to focus on whatever problem there may be.

Yes as Dave says he is just taking a break from talking and will get back to talking when he feels like doing so, he is far from being sexually mature but touching certain areas a lot can be stimulating him somewhat so you may want to cut back on areas under the wing, down the back and anywhere around the tail areas as they are the arousal zones.

hi thanks for your replies.

he doesnt say anything parrot noise or human word. on the rare occasion he does its a human word but most of the time hes silent.

i have noticed that heis sleeping more than normal and hes generally not as active as he was.

i have the vets on wednesday so fingers crossed hes ok.

• 1 month later...

hi, again, havent been on for a while. anyway i have an update on milo.

i took him to the vets shortly after i posted on here. and it turns out he had a bacterial infection in his feet and legs which he spread to his beak.

he had a injection and that evening got his voice back!

thanks for all you replies!