NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for a Grey to love

Lisa Crowe

i think i found the perfect place to help me. i have been loving/wanting a grey for years. can't afford to buy one!! could anyone tell me if there is a place i can get one for a very small fee? or maybe a rescue? i know i would make a great mommy!!! any suggestions are welcomed thank you and you all have a great day

love and light

lisa

I'm glad to hear you want a grey in your life but they don't usually come cheap but you can look for one in rescue situations, Phoenix Landing is one such organization but they do not serve your area, I have included a link to their page so you can have a look and maybe contact them to see if they would be able to help you or maybe they know where you may look for some help, good luck to you but you have to remember its not just the initial fee for getting the bird, its day to day upkeep with cage, food, toys and possible vet visits that can add up to a lot.

http://www.phoenixlanding.org/adoption.html

Edited by judygram

I commend you Lisa on wanting to help a grey, but I don't think you are going to find a "free" one. They are expensive little boogers when it comes to proper food and care. I too have always loved parrots and finally got my first grey when I was 62 and could finally become a proper parront. Please read the many threads here at the forum there is oodles of information about greys.

Welcome Lisa! :)

As the others said, rescues do not provide them for free either. Most rescues will also require you to attend some classes and also they come and inspect your home, the cage you have purchased for the Grey etc. They are very careful to ensure the home they are going to be a part of hopefully for the rest of their lives will be able not only to house them, but also take care of their diet requirements and Avian Vet bills that can be very high, just for normal yearly checkups and tests run.