NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

clever bird!

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

i finally managed to teach brian something today! red and blue. i had two blocks and once i'd spent about 5 minutes showing him each one seperately saying "what colour.. red!" or "what colour... blue!" when i offered him both at once and asked for the red or the blue one he got it right every time! i couldnt believe it. i mixed them up too, asking for one colour more than once and swapping which way round i was holding them. i was amazed :woohoo:

Guest briansmum

it wasn't easy, he obviously would rather have been doing something else. but i busted out my secret weapon.. SUNFLOWER SEEDS! i'm going to keep working with blue and red for a while then eventually introduce green, then yellow. he has a birdy abacus, so when he knows colours i'll start with counting too :)

What fun. When I first got Que I wanted to teach her to count. So I bought those flash cards.

Unfortanlty she wont talk except for when she thinks Im in anouther room. So it didn't work.

Maybe you can try that? And mix up the numbers?

We well soon have an Alex in our mist. lol

Guest briansmum

yes dan get started now, i thought at first that you'd need them to talk for them to learn things, but i thought i'd give it a go anyway and he out did himself. you could even try getting the little basket ball and hoop, that one looks way fun!

Guest briansmum

haha thats not a bad idea! might confuse him a bit though, he could start thinking that you like to spend all day hiding in a little box :S