NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is A Zon a???////

Jayd

:confused: What kind of a bird is a Amazon:confused:

Is it a Grey? It talks well, sings, is pretty smart!

Is it a 'TOO? It cuddles and makes a mess!

Is it a Macaw? It has beautiful feathers!

Is it a Pig Bird? It never stops eating?

Is it a Monkey Bird? It never stops clowning around!

I give up!!!!!

A Zon is everything your heart desires....

It's loyalty,

It's love,

A companion to make you laugh,

A reason to share,

A JOY TO BEHOLD..............;)

Until I had a zon I would have never though about a zon that way because of what I have read. But I see it in another light now and seams like they arn`t what people say they are

Cricket is as much a part of the family as Corky our CAG. She has her own spot that can`t be filled by anouther.

You are so right, I LOVE Amazons but I love all our fids equally. They each have their own place in our hearts...They are all SO different so everyone really needs one of each LOL...In fact, (over three decades ago) our first rescue was a Lilac-Crowned Amazon...beautiful baby with it's own carry on baggage and a few extra bags to boot...

Thanks,

Jayd

Until I had a zon I would have never though about a zon that way because of what I have read. But I see it in another light now and seams like they arn`t what people say they are

Before getting Diego I was very nearly put off getting an Amazon due to what I have read about them. Now I cannot think of any other kind of Parrot I would like to be adopted by. I am besotted with Diego and he completes our flock! He is so un-complicated, what you see is what you get with him! He's rough and he's tough, but when he is loving and he makes those little loving cooing noises during a cuddle he melts my heart. :)

It has been really interesting reading about amazons on this forum. I had no idea they could be cuddly. My impression from some of the amazons I have seen in our local bird store had been that they are a tough bird to take on. In fact, my husband got a couple of pretty good bites from amazons there. But right now they have several lovely blue front babies there that are really sweet. And they have a yellow head there that answered my greeting when I walked in the other day.

They are all SO different so everyone really needs one of each LOL

You're so right about the different species being so different, Jayd. If I had to explain it to a non-bird person, I'd have to say it's not like the difference between breeds of dogs; it's more like the difference between a dog and a cat, or a dog and a horse. Totally different.

Zon's are so varied from one to another, usually calm Lilac's/Mealy's to bold ddbl Yellow-head to some what calm Napes and Bf's...As most of the Zonatic's will tell you here, the younger you get your Zon the easier it is to train them to be what you want.....Jayd