NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Wing Clipped

tbird

Yes, the harness training goes much easier when you start young, whether clipped or not. Hey Dan, I have a question what type of harness do you use or rather which one you suggest I should get for Sunny? Also sometimes he does not allow me to even touch him do you think I will have a hard time getting the harness on him? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks :)

I use and reccomend the Aviator harness. It comes with an excellent DVD that goes through how to get your bird used to it by slow and gentle introduction, along with how to correctly place it on them. My grey did not like the odd nature of trying to place it over his head, lifting wings etc. It took a lot of patience and time to get it on fully the first time and then several attempts afterwards until he got used to it. Each Grey is or other bird is different in how long this takes. But, one thing is certain and that is the younger they are, the easier it is to introduce it to them.

Even now, there are times he does not want it on period, I respect that and just stop and try again another day he may desire to go out. :)