NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Thinking Of Adopting a New Baby

Codys Mom

I had a long talk with a breeder I personally know today she has eggs right now and she knows I have handfeeding experience and she ask me if I would like to take my baby between 8 and 9 weeks old, that's the same I age I adopted Rudy at and she was on 2 handfeedings a day boy do I remember thoose days but a different breeder , o yea did I forget to tell everyone we are adopting a new baby cag? ooopsss

I'am still in the thinking about this process , for sure we are getting a new baby cag just not sure on the handfeedings part, one would be fine with me I always loved that nightly feeding with Rudy and then we would cuddle for a good 30 minutes to bad she had to grow up :(

My opinion is to wait for the bird to wean. You won't develop any closer relationship by handfeeding the bird. The longer the bird stays with the clutch mates, the better. That allows the bird to see what it's like to be a bird.

""""just not sure on the handfeedings part, """""

All the more reason of you getting a weaned bird.

I'am not sure this is the breeder I'am going to go with he seemed kinda pushy about me takeing a baby early like he doesn't want to do his job as a breeder and fully wean the baby , so I have a few more options I want to check out , I have someone I'am going to go see this saturday and check out her set up and see what she has to say ,I haven't made any real decissions yet so I guess I haven't found that really great breeder yet but I'am looking

""""he seemed kinda pushy about me takeing a baby early like he doesn't want to do his job as a breeder and fully wean the baby """"

Very wise decision to check out different people. People can get screwed when dealing with the type of person above. It's happened so many times, I've given up counting.

ok I think I have made my final decission , I'am going with a breeder from Port Huron Michigan , her web page is Sweet Baby Greys she is about 1 hour 30 minutes from me and I'am going to wait till next year around february or march to get a baby and besides the fact she won't have any weaned babies until then , she does not sell unweaned babies :) she was highly recomended to me by a close friend in fact thats where she got her baby from , she says she is a super breeder :)