NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adopted 8 year old grey!

jshendrix

Talon, then perhaps, one should ask before commenting in such a fashion...I don't feel I have to provide all the facts when I am posting a photo for my friends and family. No offense, but my opinion.

This is a open forum, it's open to debate and comments, and opinions that do not require asking permission. Photobucket is a great place to post photo's with out worry of comments....Jayd

I would like to see this calm down a little and not turn into a who said what etc. The posts have all been respectful in my opinion so far and I hope it stays that way. :)

The only reason any of of us bother with commenting perhaps what is perceived in a negative way, is that it could be perceived as "Normal and Ok" to a new Grey Owner and just decide to take their new clipped bird outside for a beautiful session as depicted. We feel obligated to point out that it is something that should be done with a lot of thought and preparation using the proper tools and precautions to ensure this new owner knows the risks, how to circumvent them and take their bird out knowing it will be safe and not fly away unexpectedly.

I would like all to understand that we do so in a caring way, not an accusatory or mean way, although text appears dry and chaste with no tonal or facial expressions to indicate how it is being said. Thus the need to use the emoticons to "Temper" our comments at times so they are taken in the spirit intended. :)

I hope this comment of mine is taken in the right way by all. :)

Edited by danmcq

Thank you Dan. I think that sometimes others don't seem to understand that when they post something on a forum, it is subject to the opinions of others from all over the world, and if they don't want others opinions, then they shouldn't post...:)

The debate about clipping, not clipping, allowing your birds outside with or without a harness or an enclosure is a subject that has been beaten to death here and every other bird forum. The only thing it accomplishes is hurt, anger, bashing of others, etc. I can see that as admin, it's best not speak any thoughts. I will continue to sit back, run the forum from the behind the curtain.

I apologize to anyone who I've offended. No hard feelings here. :) :)

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST BY ME.

GO BACK TO THE TOPIC, AND FEEL FREE TO POST AS YOU LIKE ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

GOOD DAY. :)

Edited by Talon

Wow go away for over a week and miss all the fun but I just want to comment on the fact that you have brought a new to you grey into your flock of two existing greys and they all get along, you are very lucky indeed to have three who get along so well, may have something to do with them being held in such high regard by you and your family.

I enjoyed the video of Huckleberry dancing and the pictures I did see, guess I missed the ones you deleted but thats water over the dam now.

You don't have to explain why you clip your birds, some of us here are very outspoken about not clipping wings but it is each owner's decision whether to clip or not and shouldn't be questioned by others.