NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Took off in the dark.

dhorje

Because of my busy schedule later in the morning today, we decided to hike earlier. We reached there at 6:30am and it was very dark. We had to use flash light.

As I was climbing a steep slope, I think Cocoa hit a rope which was attached there to help us to hike the slope. That might have caused Cocoa to take off in the dark. She was flying about, couldn't see a place to land. I quickly pointed my flash light upwards so that Cocoa could see me. She quickly flew back to me. Before she landed on my shoulder she paused for a few secs in mid air (like a humming bird) looking for a right spot to land. Under the darkness, Cocoa was still calm and composed, able to control her flight and came back to me. I was amazed by her flying skill and her calmness, and this incidence had made her a more experienced and skillful hiker.

After hiking up the slope, I waited for my wife to catch up and then I related the incidence to her. Cocoa said "tock tock" in agreement.

Quick thinking to use the flashlight for Cocoa's landing lights.

Can you elaborate on how you helped Cocoa develop her outdoor manners? And, as a reminder to others, this is a good example how even a bird that is very comfortable being outside can easily be startled into flight.

What an amazing story Sanggay and it just goes to show the relationship you have with Cocoa, she is so much a part of your life that you two are in unison, in harmony with each other, it warms my heart to hear of your adventures with her and both your lives are so blessed with each other.